From EatingWell: May/June 1994
Roasting vegetables brings out their sweetness.
- 4 pounds asparagus
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Snap off the tough ends of asparagus and, if desired, peel the stalks. Toss the asparagus with oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the asparagus in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan or baking sheet with sides. (If the pan is not large enough, use two pans.) Roast until tender and browned, 10 to 15 minutes, shaking once during roasting. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and toss. Taste and adjust seasonings. Let cool to room temperature; serve within 2 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Can be made up to 2 hours in advance.
Per serving: 45 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 306 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1994