From EatingWell: May/June 1994
Roasting vegetables brings out their sweetness.
- 4 pounds asparagus
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Snap off the tough ends of asparagus and, if desired, peel the stalks. Toss the asparagus with oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the asparagus in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan or baking sheet with sides. (If the pan is not large enough, use two pans.) Roast until tender and browned, 10 to 15 minutes, shaking once during roasting. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and toss. Taste and adjust seasonings. Let cool to room temperature; serve within 2 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Can be made up to 2 hours in advance.
Per serving: 45 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 306 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Our healthy sandwich recipes, salad recipes and dip recipes...
If you’re trying to slim down, try adding foods to your diet...
There’s no “magic bullet” for preventing high blood pressure...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
If you’re feeling blue—or want to ward off feeling that way—...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
When you’re trying to slim down, a high-fiber, low-calorie...
Research shows that a compound in chiles, called capsaicin,...
You can still enjoy the delicious summertime flavor of...
Skip the frozen veggie burgers and make your own vegetarian...
Healthy pasta dishes are at the heart of Italian cuisine....
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Make a delicious Easter brunch or dinner this year with our...
Berries and other spring fruit star in our healthy Easter...
If you’re entertaining this Easter or bringing a dish to...
Make your Passover meal light and healthful with some of our...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1994