From EatingWell: May/June 1994
Roasting vegetables brings out their sweetness.
- 4 pounds asparagus
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Snap off the tough ends of asparagus and, if desired, peel the stalks. Toss the asparagus with oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the asparagus in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan or baking sheet with sides. (If the pan is not large enough, use two pans.) Roast until tender and browned, 10 to 15 minutes, shaking once during roasting. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and toss. Taste and adjust seasonings. Let cool to room temperature; serve within 2 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Can be made up to 2 hours in advance.
Per serving: 45 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 306 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1994