From EatingWell: May/June 1994
Roasting vegetables brings out their sweetness.
- 4 pounds asparagus
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Snap off the tough ends of asparagus and, if desired, peel the stalks. Toss the asparagus with oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the asparagus in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan or baking sheet with sides. (If the pan is not large enough, use two pans.) Roast until tender and browned, 10 to 15 minutes, shaking once during roasting. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and toss. Taste and adjust seasonings. Let cool to room temperature; serve within 2 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Can be made up to 2 hours in advance.
Per serving: 45 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 306 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1994