I made this recipe! Thats a accomplishment in itself. I used only spinach, delicious. My apples came out moist not dry or crisp. But it was still good. I really enjoyed the vinegarette dressing. I will be making this salad again. It was perfect for a Sunday, Spring, lunch!
Roasted Apple & Cheddar Salad
From EatingWell: Fall 2004
Roasted apples and Cheddar cheese turn an ordinary mixed green salad into something extra-special. You can use pears for this recipe as well.
3 Reviews for Roasted Apple & Cheddar Salad
I really loved this salad! I didn't have any problems with the apples being dry, mine were moist and delicious! I also loved the dressing. I used all baby spinach and substituted blue cheese for the cheddar b/c that's just what I had on hand. Love this and will make it again!
I found out I was out of thyme as I began making dinner so we used sage instead. My apple-loving husband complained that the apples were dry, but I thought they were fine. My 10.5 month old didn’t have any complains though. I think she ate an entire apple by herself last night. Clearly I’ll be making that part of the recipe again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)