Butternut squash is one of our favorites, and this is a delicious way to prepare it. The same ingredients (less the squash) works for sweet potatoes. Try it!
Oven-Roasted Squash with Garlic & Parsley
From EatingWell: November/December 2009
Winter squash becomes tender and sweeter when roasted—a delicious side for a holiday dinner. Look for interesting squash like kabocha or hubbard at your farmers’ market and try them in this recipe. (Recipe adapted from Alice Waters.)
21 Reviews for Oven-Roasted Squash with Garlic & Parsley
i just love any roasted vegetables. once a week I do a big tray of roasted veggies. It includes butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, aubergines (egg plant), red onions and whole garlic cloves. I chop all the veggies and toss them in extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and rosemary, then spread them on a baking tray and roast for about an hour, turning them just once and if needed sprinkle a touch more olive oil on them. I don't bother to parboil them first. My kids love them.
Consider using Grape Seed Oil for the coooking portion, other types of oil are not suitable for cooking healthy.
Wonderful! I doubled the parsley because I love it so! - it was DELICIOUS
This is an especially flavorful and easy way to prepare squash! I did raise the temp to 400 and it took 45 minutes. Last year it took too long at 375. This recipe has become a favorite.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)