Roast Salmon with Salsa
A simple fresh salsa, chopped to a pleasing texture in the food processor, is all you need to complement succulent roast salmon. This salsa is endlessly versatile, so try it with other fish, chicken breasts or on top of scrambled eggs.
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 6 portions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeno, vinegar, chili powder, cumin, salt and hot sauce to taste in a food processor; process until finely diced and uniform.
- Place salmon in a large roasting pan; spoon the salsa on top. Roast until the salmon is flaky on the outside but still pink inside, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 227 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 1 g fiber; 269 mg sodium; 474 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Good source of omega-3s
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3.5 lean meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood