Roast Salmon with Salsa
A simple fresh salsa, chopped to a pleasing texture in the food processor, is all you need to complement succulent roast salmon. This salsa is endlessly versatile, so try it with other fish, chicken breasts or on top of scrambled eggs.
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 6 portions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeno, vinegar, chili powder, cumin, salt and hot sauce to taste in a food processor; process until finely diced and uniform.
- Place salmon in a large roasting pan; spoon the salsa on top. Roast until the salmon is flaky on the outside but still pink inside, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 227 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 1 g fiber; 269 mg sodium; 474 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Good source of omega-3s
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3.5 lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood