Roast Salmon with Salsa
A simple fresh salsa, chopped to a pleasing texture in the food processor, is all you need to complement succulent roast salmon. This salsa is endlessly versatile, so try it with other fish, chicken breasts or on top of scrambled eggs.
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 6 portions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeno, vinegar, chili powder, cumin, salt and hot sauce to taste in a food processor; process until finely diced and uniform.
- Place salmon in a large roasting pan; spoon the salsa on top. Roast until the salmon is flaky on the outside but still pink inside, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 227 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 1 g fiber; 269 mg sodium; 474 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Omega-3 (78% daily value).
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3.5 lean meat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique