Roasted Delicata Squash & Onions
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Roasting intensifies delicata squash’s flavor. Seasoned with rosemary and maple, this recipe’s great with pork or turkey.
- 2 pounds delicata squash (about 2 large)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise; scoop out the seeds. Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Toss with onion, 1 tablespoon oil and salt in a large bowl. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until tender and beginning to brown, about 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, rosemary, syrup and mustard in a small bowl. Toss the vegetables with the dressing.
Per serving: 164 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 6 g fiber; 203 mg sodium; 599 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (430% daily value), Vitamin C (52% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- November/December 2010
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)