Roasted Delicata Squash & Onions
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Roasting intensifies delicata squash’s flavor. Seasoned with rosemary and maple, this recipe’s great with pork or turkey.
- 2 pounds delicata squash (about 2 large)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise; scoop out the seeds. Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Toss with onion, 1 tablespoon oil and salt in a large bowl. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until tender and beginning to brown, about 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, rosemary, syrup and mustard in a small bowl. Toss the vegetables with the dressing.
Per serving: 164 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 6 g fiber; 203 mg sodium; 599 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (430% daily value), Vitamin C (52% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2010