Roasted Delicata Squash & Onions
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Roasting intensifies delicata squash’s flavor. Seasoned with rosemary and maple, this recipe’s great with pork or turkey.
- 2 pounds delicata squash (about 2 large)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise; scoop out the seeds. Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Toss with onion, 1 tablespoon oil and salt in a large bowl. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until tender and beginning to brown, about 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, rosemary, syrup and mustard in a small bowl. Toss the vegetables with the dressing.
Per serving: 164 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 6 g fiber; 203 mg sodium; 599 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (430% daily value), Vitamin C (52% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2010