Roast Beef & Blue Cheese Spears
From EatingWell: December 2006
Deli roast beef and a simple blue cheese cream top Treviso in a simple, pretty appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 heads of Treviso or Belgian endive, spears separated (see Note)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced roast beef, cut into ribbons
- Combine sour cream and blue cheese in a small bowl.
- Top Treviso (or Belgian endive) with roast beef and a dollop of the blue cheese cream.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1 and store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Note: Treviso is a slender variety of radicchio.
Per serving: 15 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 61 mg sodium; 19 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Protein, potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 2006