Roast Beef & Blue Cheese Spears
From EatingWell: December 2006
Deli roast beef and a simple blue cheese cream top Treviso in a simple, pretty appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 heads of Treviso or Belgian endive, spears separated (see Note)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced roast beef, cut into ribbons
- Combine sour cream and blue cheese in a small bowl.
- Top Treviso (or Belgian endive) with roast beef and a dollop of the blue cheese cream.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1 and store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Note: Treviso is a slender variety of radicchio.
Per serving: 15 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 61 mg sodium; 19 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Protein, potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- December 2006