Roast Beef & Blue Cheese Spears
From EatingWell: December 2006
Deli roast beef and a simple blue cheese cream top Treviso in a simple, pretty appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 heads of Treviso or Belgian endive, spears separated (see Note)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced roast beef, cut into ribbons
- Combine sour cream and blue cheese in a small bowl.
- Top Treviso (or Belgian endive) with roast beef and a dollop of the blue cheese cream.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1 and store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Note: Treviso is a slender variety of radicchio.
Per serving: 15 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 61 mg sodium; 19 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Protein, potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- December 2006