Roast Beef & Blue Cheese Spears
From EatingWell: December 2006
Deli roast beef and a simple blue cheese cream top Treviso in a simple, pretty appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 heads of Treviso or Belgian endive, spears separated (see Note)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced roast beef, cut into ribbons
- Combine sour cream and blue cheese in a small bowl.
- Top Treviso (or Belgian endive) with roast beef and a dollop of the blue cheese cream.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1 and store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Note: Treviso is a slender variety of radicchio.
Per serving: 15 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 61 mg sodium; 19 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Protein, potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 2006