This no-bake take on a Sicilian classic will quickly become part of your dessert repertoire.
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons amaretto, or other almond-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules, preferably espresso
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 24 ladyfingers, (3 ounces)
- Whisk together ricotta, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon chocolate, amaretto and orange zest in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Stir together brandy, coffee granules and water in a small bowl. Brush over the flat side of the ladyfingers.
- Arrange 6 ladyfingers in a row on a serving plate, flat-side up. Spread with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture. Repeat layering twice. Set the remaining 6 ladyfingers on top, rounded-side up. Dust with confectioners' sugar and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 4 portions.
Per serving: 213 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 92 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 0 g fiber; 90 mg sodium; 105 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less