This no-bake take on a Sicilian classic will quickly become part of your dessert repertoire.
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons amaretto, or other almond-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules, preferably espresso
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 24 ladyfingers, (3 ounces)
- Whisk together ricotta, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon chocolate, amaretto and orange zest in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Stir together brandy, coffee granules and water in a small bowl. Brush over the flat side of the ladyfingers.
- Arrange 6 ladyfingers in a row on a serving plate, flat-side up. Spread with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture. Repeat layering twice. Set the remaining 6 ladyfingers on top, rounded-side up. Dust with confectioners' sugar and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 4 portions.
Per serving: 213 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 92 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 0 g fiber; 90 mg sodium; 105 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation