This no-bake take on a Sicilian classic will quickly become part of your dessert repertoire.
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons amaretto, or other almond-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules, preferably espresso
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 24 ladyfingers, (3 ounces)
- Whisk together ricotta, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon chocolate, amaretto and orange zest in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Stir together brandy, coffee granules and water in a small bowl. Brush over the flat side of the ladyfingers.
- Arrange 6 ladyfingers in a row on a serving plate, flat-side up. Spread with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture. Repeat layering twice. Set the remaining 6 ladyfingers on top, rounded-side up. Dust with confectioners' sugar and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 4 portions.
Per serving: 213 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 92 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 0 g fiber; 90 mg sodium; 105 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy sandwich recipes, salad recipes and dip recipes...
If you’re trying to slim down, try adding foods to your diet...
There’s no “magic bullet” for preventing high blood pressure...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
If you’re feeling blue—or want to ward off feeling that way—...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
When you’re trying to slim down, a high-fiber, low-calorie...
Research shows that a compound in chiles, called capsaicin,...
You can still enjoy the delicious summertime flavor of...
Skip the frozen veggie burgers and make your own vegetarian...
Healthy pasta dishes are at the heart of Italian cuisine....
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Make a delicious Easter brunch or dinner this year with our...
Berries and other spring fruit star in our healthy Easter...
If you’re entertaining this Easter or bringing a dish to...
Make your Passover meal light and healthful with some of our...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation