This no-bake take on a Sicilian classic will quickly become part of your dessert repertoire.
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons amaretto, or other almond-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules, preferably espresso
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 24 ladyfingers, (3 ounces)
- Whisk together ricotta, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon chocolate, amaretto and orange zest in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Stir together brandy, coffee granules and water in a small bowl. Brush over the flat side of the ladyfingers.
- Arrange 6 ladyfingers in a row on a serving plate, flat-side up. Spread with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture. Repeat layering twice. Set the remaining 6 ladyfingers on top, rounded-side up. Dust with confectioners' sugar and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 4 portions.
Per serving: 213 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 92 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 0 g fiber; 90 mg sodium; 105 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation