This no-bake take on a Sicilian classic will quickly become part of your dessert repertoire.
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons amaretto, or other almond-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules, preferably espresso
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 24 ladyfingers, (3 ounces)
- Whisk together ricotta, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon chocolate, amaretto and orange zest in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Stir together brandy, coffee granules and water in a small bowl. Brush over the flat side of the ladyfingers.
- Arrange 6 ladyfingers in a row on a serving plate, flat-side up. Spread with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture. Repeat layering twice. Set the remaining 6 ladyfingers on top, rounded-side up. Dust with confectioners' sugar and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 4 portions.
Per serving: 213 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 92 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 0 g fiber; 90 mg sodium; 105 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique