Rich Crab Dip
From EatingWell: November/December 1993
In our healthier version of this ultra-rich dip, the crabmeat plays a starring role while a blend of pureed nonfat cottage cheese and reduced-fat cream cheese provides all the creaminess you would expect. Serve with slices of whole-grain baguette.
- 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchâtel)
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces crabmeat, any shells or cartilage removed, drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place cottage cheese in a fine-mesh sieve and press on it to remove excess moisture. Transfer the cottage cheese to a food processor or blender; add cream cheese and blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan and add garlic, pepper, Worcestershire, Old Bay and cayenne. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Add crab and lemon juice; stir well. Heat until warm, 30 to 40 seconds. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 48 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 21 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 99 mg sodium; 86 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Type of Dish
- Main Ingredient
- November/December 1993