From EatingWell: November/December 1992
A delicious accompaniment to roast meat or vegetables.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup fine egg noodles, broken up
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add noodles and cook, stirring constantly, until the noodles are golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice and noodles are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 196 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 1 g fiber; 146 mg sodium; 54 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (17% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992