From EatingWell: November/December 1992
A delicious accompaniment to roast meat or vegetables.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup fine egg noodles, broken up
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add noodles and cook, stirring constantly, until the noodles are golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice and noodles are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 196 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 1 g fiber; 146 mg sodium; 54 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (17% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992