Rice & Lentil Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2009
A simple dressing of sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard and paprika flavors this rice and lentil salad. It's a great way to use up leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15-ounce can lentils, rinsed, or 11/3 cups cooked lentils
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add rice, lentils, carrot and parsley; stir to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 250 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 8 g fiber; 272 mg sodium; 151 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Folate (42% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2009