Rice & Lentil Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2009
A simple dressing of sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard and paprika flavors this rice and lentil salad. It's a great way to use up leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15-ounce can lentils, rinsed, or 11/3 cups cooked lentils
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add rice, lentils, carrot and parsley; stir to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 250 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 8 g fiber; 272 mg sodium; 151 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Folate (42% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2009