From EatingWell: April 1998
Bright and tangy, this sauce is delicious on sponge cake.
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine rhubarb, raspberries, water and sugar in a medium nonreactive saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until rhubarb is very tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm or cold.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Keep food fresh: If youâ€™re storing food in your fridge for a few hours or more, itâ€™s best to keep it in an airtight container or in a container covered tightly with foil. Foil is best at creating a barrier that doesnâ€™t let unwanted flavors in (or out) while you store your food.
Per serving: 10 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 46 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- April 1998
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique