Rhubarb Fruit Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2011
Rhubarb cooked with a little honey and orange liqueur makes a bright, tangy “sauce” to toss with grapes, melon, mango and strawberries.
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 1/2 cups halved red or green grapes
- 1 1/2 cups small honeydew or cantaloupe melon balls or pieces
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango or strawberries
- Bring rhubarb, honey and Grand Marnier (or Cointreau) to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is just beginning to break down, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate for about 15 minutes to cool.
- Stir grapes, melon and mango (or strawberries) into the rhubarb mixture. Serve or return to the refrigerator to chill further.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Per serving: 90 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 8 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 278 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (33% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- May/June 2011
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)