Rhubarb Fruit Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2011
Rhubarb cooked with a little honey and orange liqueur makes a bright, tangy “sauce” to toss with grapes, melon, mango and strawberries.
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 1/2 cups halved red or green grapes
- 1 1/2 cups small honeydew or cantaloupe melon balls or pieces
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango or strawberries
- Bring rhubarb, honey and Grand Marnier (or Cointreau) to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is just beginning to break down, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate for about 15 minutes to cool.
- Stir grapes, melon and mango (or strawberries) into the rhubarb mixture. Serve or return to the refrigerator to chill further.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Per serving: 90 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 8 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 278 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (33% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- May/June 2011