This quick, zesty chutney complements almost any meat or poultry. Use fresh or frozen rhubarb.
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 3/4 cup diced red apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, or cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, plus more to taste
- Combine rhubarb, apple, cranberries (or cherries), onion, water, honey, ginger, vinegar and crushed red pepper to taste in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rhubarb is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes more. Serve warm or cold.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 35 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 56 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/3 fruit, 1/3 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique