This quick, zesty chutney complements almost any meat or poultry. Use fresh or frozen rhubarb.
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 3/4 cup diced red apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, or cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, plus more to taste
- Combine rhubarb, apple, cranberries (or cherries), onion, water, honey, ginger, vinegar and crushed red pepper to taste in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rhubarb is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes more. Serve warm or cold.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 35 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 56 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/3 fruit, 1/3 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory