Red, White & Blue Potato Salad
Dressed with a tangy lemon vinaigrette and fresh mint, this healthy red-white-and-blue potato salad makes the perfect potluck contribution. Make it the day before and stir in the peppers and herbs right before you serve it.
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, a mix of white and blue (or purple)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a cutting board. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cut the potatoes in half, add to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Just before serving, add peppers, scallions and mint to the salad and toss gently.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2; cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Finish Step 3 just before serving. Add more lemon juice and/or salt to taste.
Per serving: 206 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 441 mg sodium; 744 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Potassium (21% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- July 4th
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch