Red, White & Blue Potato Salad
Dressed with a tangy lemon vinaigrette and fresh mint, this healthy red-white-and-blue potato salad makes the perfect potluck contribution. Make it the day before and stir in the peppers and herbs right before you serve it.
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, a mix of white and blue (or purple)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a cutting board. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cut the potatoes in half, add to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Just before serving, add peppers, scallions and mint to the salad and toss gently.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2; cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Finish Step 3 just before serving. Add more lemon juice and/or salt to taste.
Per serving: 206 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 441 mg sodium; 744 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Potassium (21% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- July 4th
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation