I too came to this site to see what 1500 calorie meals looked like. Perhaps you could allow for single or two servings?
Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Frittata
A frittata is a baked omelet, far easier because it lacks that pesky step of flipping it. Frittatas appeared on the Saturnia, a fashionable Italian cruise ship in the post-WWII years. The dish was an elegant lunch on transatlantic crossings and became a U.S. craze when The New York Times ran the first English-language recipe in 1952.
14 Reviews for Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Frittata
Great recipe! I didn't have scallions on hand, so I used about 1/2 cup of sliced white onion and sauteed with the red pepper strips for a few minutes (just long enough to soften) before adding the egg mixture. I can't wait to try other variations!
I added artichokes and mushrooms to the receipe. My husband and daughter loved it. Made two from the recipe. Will be making it again real soon. Give this receipe a thumbs up.
The sweetness of the red bell peppers complimented by the saltiness of the goat cheese really make this dish. PS. anything with goat cheese is amazing! PPS. I used half egg yolks and whole eggs to make it even healthier.
I love fritattas. I make them for breakfast quite often. They are delicious nutritious way of getting a whole lot of vitamins, vegetables and protein in one simple serving.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)