Real Raspberry Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: November/December 1995
Pureed raspberries thicken this beautiful rose-colored dressing. It's a perfect accent for fresh spinach or peppery greens, avocados or sliced fruit.
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tea bag, preferably Earl Grey
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, (not thawed)
- 1 shallot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pour boiling water over tea bag in a small bowl; let steep for 3 minutes, then pour the brewed tea into a blender, pressing on the bag to extract all of the tea. Add raspberries, shallots, oil, vinegar and sugar; blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour through a fine strainer into a small bowl, pressing firmly to extract all the raspberry pulp. Whisk in salt and pepper.
Per tablespoon: 24 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- 8 or more
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- November/December 1995