Real Raspberry Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: November/December 1995
Pureed raspberries thicken this beautiful rose-colored dressing. It's a perfect accent for fresh spinach or peppery greens, avocados or sliced fruit.
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tea bag, preferably Earl Grey
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, (not thawed)
- 1 shallot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pour boiling water over tea bag in a small bowl; let steep for 3 minutes, then pour the brewed tea into a blender, pressing on the bag to extract all of the tea. Add raspberries, shallots, oil, vinegar and sugar; blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour through a fine strainer into a small bowl, pressing firmly to extract all the raspberry pulp. Whisk in salt and pepper.
Per tablespoon: 24 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 1995