Real Raspberry Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: November/December 1995
Pureed raspberries thicken this beautiful rose-colored dressing. It's a perfect accent for fresh spinach or peppery greens, avocados or sliced fruit.
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tea bag, preferably Earl Grey
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, (not thawed)
- 1 shallot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pour boiling water over tea bag in a small bowl; let steep for 3 minutes, then pour the brewed tea into a blender, pressing on the bag to extract all of the tea. Add raspberries, shallots, oil, vinegar and sugar; blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour through a fine strainer into a small bowl, pressing firmly to extract all the raspberry pulp. Whisk in salt and pepper.
Per tablespoon: 24 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 1995