Ravioli with Arugula & Pecorino
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Elevate frozen ravioli with sizzled garlic and shallots, shaved pecorino and fresh arugula. Serve with: Whole-grain baguette and a light-bodied red wine, such as pinot noir.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cheese ravioli, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup shaved Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese (see Tip)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook ravioli until tender, 7 to 9 minutes or according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mash garlic and salt into a paste with the side of a chef’s knife or back of a spoon. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic paste and shallots and cook, stirring often, until just starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in vinegar, mustard and pepper; remove from the heat.
- Drain the ravioli well. Place in a large bowl and toss with arugula and the dressing. Serve sprinkled with cheese.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Use a vegetable peeler to shave curls off a block of hard cheese.
Per serving: 413 calories; 24 g fat (8 g sat, 11 g mono); 57 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 16 g protein; 2 g fiber; 585 mg sodium; 156 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (25% daily value), Vitamin A (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2010