Just tried this tonight and what a delicious and easy dinner that was! Will definitely make it again.
Ravioli with Arugula & Pecorino
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Elevate frozen ravioli with sizzled garlic and shallots, shaved pecorino and fresh arugula. Serve with: Whole-grain baguette and a light-bodied red wine, such as pinot noir.
19 Reviews for Ravioli with Arugula & Pecorino
This recipe tastes great. I left off the cheese on mine by accident and didn't miss it, but I am going to add it in and I bet it will be even better.
If you are calorie-counting, keep in mind that this recipe can baloon beyond the estimated calories provided very easily. I also used Buitoni Whole Grain Four Cheese Ravioli and I ran the recipe through a calculator. Accounting for the extra 2oz of ravioli between the two packages I bought, the recipe came in at a high 571 calories! I solved that problem by making each serving separately and measuring out a reasonable portion of ravioli before mixing everything together. The calories will defintely depend on the ravioli you choose though. The whole grain raviolis I looked at actually had more calories, but it's worth it imo for the fiber and fullness.
I accidentally used ravioli with chicken in it. The dish has some very delicate flavors and the chicken can overpower them. Very good dish.
I was skeptical about this recipe having no sauce, but boy was it good! I used Buitoni's Quattro Formaggi Agnolotti and subbed Parmesan-Reggiano cheese for the Peccorino. Arugula is bitter, yet it was a wonderful complement to the cheeses. I served it with a tossed salad and the recommended Pinot Noir. Fabulous! Everyone ooohed and awwwed and I basked warmly in the glow of happy diners. :D
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)