I have been trying to incorporate more vegetarian options and both my husband and 2 year old daughter loved this meal! Will definitely be making this one again.
Ravioli & Vegetable Soup
From EatingWell: September/October 2009
Fresh or frozen ravioli cook in minutes and turn this light vegetable soup into a main course. Look for whole-wheat or whole-grain ravioli in the refrigerated or frozen section of the supermarket. Tortellini can be used instead of ravioli as well.
56 Reviews for Ravioli & Vegetable Soup
This was a fantastic meal, especially for how easy it was. I doubled up, so we would have leftovers. I didn't have the fire-roasted crushed tomatoes (only plain) so I increased the basil and added some parsley and a bay leaf. I also added a bit of sea salt. I used a whole wheat cheese tortellini instead of ravioli. Right before serving I emptied a bag of baby spinach in.
It all turned out so delicious.
My husband and oldest son went back for seconds, and my youngest son (the picky eater) declared, "I even like the vegetables."
I served it with a loaf of whole wheat artisan bread, and it was a perfect hearty meal.
My only suggestion is to use fresh peppers and onions. I used a thawed bag of frozen pepper strips and found them more time consuming to dice than fresh would have been.
Jenn D, Seaside, CA
Very tasty and easy to make! I used fresh peppers and onions instead of frozen.
Ummmm was really delish and easy.
This soup turned out wonderfully. I made it after coming home late from work and it could not be quicker. I also used fresh peppers and onion and served it with crusty bread. Mini raviolis would work well in the soup too, especially if serving to kids. The soup was even better the next day!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)