From EatingWell: March/April 1996
These raviolis are filled with lightly-sweetened ricotta, lemon zest and currants and topped with raspberry sauce for a sweet and playful spin on ravioli with marinara sauce.
- 3 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Raspberry Sauce, (recipe follows)
- Whisk ricotta, mascarpone, 2 tablespoons sugar, lemon zest and vanilla in a small mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in currants.
- Lay 12 wonton wrappers on a clean work surface. Whisk egg white in a small bowl until slightly frothy; brush lightly over the wrappers. Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of the filling onto the center of each wrapper. Top each with one of the remaining wrappers, pressing firmly around the edges. If desired, use a 3-inch round serrated cookie cutter to cut each square into a round.
- Combine cinnamon with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl.
- Cook the ravioli in a large pot of boiling water until they float to the surface and are tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer the ravioli with a slotted spoon to a kitchen towel and blot gently. Place 3 ravioli on each dessert plate, spoon some Raspberry Marinara Sauce over the top and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2 and store, well wrapped, in the refrigerator overnight, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Look for wonton wrappers in the produce case.
Per serving: 324 calories; 8 g fat (4 g sat, 0 g mono); 25 mg cholesterol; 54 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 3 g fiber; 312 mg sodium; 113 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (25% daily value), Vitamin C (18% dv), Folate (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- March/April 1996