From EatingWell: March/April 1996
These raviolis are filled with lightly-sweetened ricotta, lemon zest and currants and topped with raspberry sauce for a sweet and playful spin on ravioli with marinara sauce.
- 3 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Raspberry Sauce, (recipe follows)
- Whisk ricotta, mascarpone, 2 tablespoons sugar, lemon zest and vanilla in a small mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in currants.
- Lay 12 wonton wrappers on a clean work surface. Whisk egg white in a small bowl until slightly frothy; brush lightly over the wrappers. Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of the filling onto the center of each wrapper. Top each with one of the remaining wrappers, pressing firmly around the edges. If desired, use a 3-inch round serrated cookie cutter to cut each square into a round.
- Combine cinnamon with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl.
- Cook the ravioli in a large pot of boiling water until they float to the surface and are tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer the ravioli with a slotted spoon to a kitchen towel and blot gently. Place 3 ravioli on each dessert plate, spoon some Raspberry Marinara Sauce over the top and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2 and store, well wrapped, in the refrigerator overnight, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Look for wonton wrappers in the produce case.
Per serving: 324 calories; 8 g fat (4 g sat, 0 g mono); 25 mg cholesterol; 54 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 3 g fiber; 312 mg sodium; 113 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (25% daily value), Vitamin C (18% dv), Folate (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- March/April 1996