From EatingWell: March/April 1996
These raviolis are filled with lightly-sweetened ricotta, lemon zest and currants and topped with raspberry sauce for a sweet and playful spin on ravioli with marinara sauce.
- 3 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Raspberry Sauce, (recipe follows)
- Whisk ricotta, mascarpone, 2 tablespoons sugar, lemon zest and vanilla in a small mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in currants.
- Lay 12 wonton wrappers on a clean work surface. Whisk egg white in a small bowl until slightly frothy; brush lightly over the wrappers. Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of the filling onto the center of each wrapper. Top each with one of the remaining wrappers, pressing firmly around the edges. If desired, use a 3-inch round serrated cookie cutter to cut each square into a round.
- Combine cinnamon with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl.
- Cook the ravioli in a large pot of boiling water until they float to the surface and are tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer the ravioli with a slotted spoon to a kitchen towel and blot gently. Place 3 ravioli on each dessert plate, spoon some Raspberry Marinara Sauce over the top and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2 and store, well wrapped, in the refrigerator overnight, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Look for wonton wrappers in the produce case.
Per serving: 324 calories; 8 g fat (4 g sat, 0 g mono); 25 mg cholesterol; 54 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 3 g fiber; 312 mg sodium; 113 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (25% daily value), Vitamin C (18% dv), Folate (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- March/April 1996