Raspberry Linzer Bars
From EatingWell: December 1997
The crust for these raspberry bars has plenty of spices and walnuts—the perfect foil for tangy-sweet raspberry preserves.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-9-inch or 7-by-11 1/2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, 1/2 cup walnuts, cocoa, orange zest, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a food processor. Pulse until walnuts are finely chopped. Add egg, oil and water; process until moistened. Transfer to prepared pan. Press into an even layer. Bake crust until dry to the touch and barely golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Whisk jam and orange juice in a bowl. Spread evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons walnuts. Bake the bars until jam bubbles, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool completely before cutting into bars.
Per bar: 112 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 46 mg sodium; 31 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 1997