Raspberry Linzer Bars
From EatingWell: December 1997
The crust for these raspberry bars has plenty of spices and walnuts—the perfect foil for tangy-sweet raspberry preserves.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-9-inch or 7-by-11 1/2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, 1/2 cup walnuts, cocoa, orange zest, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a food processor. Pulse until walnuts are finely chopped. Add egg, oil and water; process until moistened. Transfer to prepared pan. Press into an even layer. Bake crust until dry to the touch and barely golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Whisk jam and orange juice in a bowl. Spread evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons walnuts. Bake the bars until jam bubbles, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool completely before cutting into bars.
Per bar: 112 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 46 mg sodium; 31 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 1997