From EatingWell: July/August 2010
Pressing the raspberries through a fine-mesh sieve will get every drop of juice into this refreshing limeade while leaving those pesky seeds behind. If you want to make it ahead, don’t add the seltzer until the last minute.
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (about 6 ounces), fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 3 cups seltzer
- Ice cubes
- Combine lime juice and sugar in a large pitcher, stirring to help dissolve the sugar.
- Place berries in a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl. Use a rubber spatula to press on the berries, extracting the juice and some pulp while leaving the seeds behind. Stir the puree into the pitcher.
- Just before serving, stir in seltzer. Serve over ice.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 87 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 17 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 2 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 75 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (27% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, nonalcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2010