From EatingWell: July/August 2010
Pressing the raspberries through a fine-mesh sieve will get every drop of juice into this refreshing limeade while leaving those pesky seeds behind. If you want to make it ahead, don’t add the seltzer until the last minute.
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (about 6 ounces), fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 3 cups seltzer
- Ice cubes
- Combine lime juice and sugar in a large pitcher, stirring to help dissolve the sugar.
- Place berries in a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl. Use a rubber spatula to press on the berries, extracting the juice and some pulp while leaving the seeds behind. Stir the puree into the pitcher.
- Just before serving, stir in seltzer. Serve over ice.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 87 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 17 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 2 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 75 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (27% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, nonalcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2010