Sparkling Raspberry Jello Jigglers
From EatingWell: September/October 2012
The sparkling white grape juice in this raspberry jello jigglers recipe gives these a fun, bubbly appearance. Fresh raspberries make it a healthy treat.
- 2 cups cran-raspberry or apple-raspberry juice
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold sparkling white grape or apple juice
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- Bring cran-raspberry (or apple-raspberry) juice to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Meanwhile, pour water into a large heatproof bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the water; let stand for 3 minutes. Add the juice and stir to completely dissolve the gelatin, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar and stir for 1 minute to dissolve. Whisk in sparkling white grape (or apple) juice.
- Refrigerate until the mixture is the consistency of thin pudding and is just starting to set around the edges, 1 to 1 3/4 hours. The time will vary depending on the size of your bowl and how cold your refrigerator is. After 1 hour, start checking every 5 to 10 minutes because it thickens quickly after that.
- Gently but thoroughly whisk the mixture until it’s uniform. Stir in raspberries. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap, without touching the jello.
- Refrigerate until very firm, about 3 hours. To test if it’s ready, touch it with your finger. If your finger does not stick, it’s done.
- Run a small, sharp knife around the edge of the pan. Cut into 16 squares then gently pry the squares out with a butter knife.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 3 days; unmold just before serving.
Per serving: 53 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 7 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 7 mg sodium; 24 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate (other), 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
Ring in the new year with low-calorie recipes from our new issue...
Jump-start your morning with our healthy, low-calorie...
A perfectly ripe avocado is the perfect addition to salads,...
It’s time for the avocado to shake its bad rap: sinfully...
Celebrate the holiday season with low-calorie recipes from our...
Skip the super-greasy fried food and creamy dips and go for...
Make a healthy snack for kids with one of our easy snack...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Eating healthy snacks is a good way to stave off hunger pangs...
Spaghetti and Meatballs is a classic, comforting Italian...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Resolve to eat healthier? No matter how busy you are, get in...
Breakfast is the most important meal—giving you a much-needed...
People who are most successful at losing weight—and keeping...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- September/October 2012