Sparkling Raspberry Jello Jigglers
From EatingWell: September/October 2012
The sparkling white grape juice in this raspberry jello jigglers recipe gives these a fun, bubbly appearance. Fresh raspberries make it a healthy treat.
- 2 cups cran-raspberry or apple-raspberry juice
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold sparkling white grape or apple juice
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- Bring cran-raspberry (or apple-raspberry) juice to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Meanwhile, pour water into a large heatproof bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the water; let stand for 3 minutes. Add the juice and stir to completely dissolve the gelatin, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar and stir for 1 minute to dissolve. Whisk in sparkling white grape (or apple) juice.
- Refrigerate until the mixture is the consistency of thin pudding and is just starting to set around the edges, 1 to 1 3/4 hours. The time will vary depending on the size of your bowl and how cold your refrigerator is. After 1 hour, start checking every 5 to 10 minutes because it thickens quickly after that.
- Gently but thoroughly whisk the mixture until it’s uniform. Stir in raspberries. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap, without touching the jello.
- Refrigerate until very firm, about 3 hours. To test if it’s ready, touch it with your finger. If your finger does not stick, it’s done.
- Run a small, sharp knife around the edge of the pan. Cut into 16 squares then gently pry the squares out with a butter knife.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 3 days; unmold just before serving.
Per serving: 53 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 7 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 7 mg sodium; 24 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate (other), 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- September/October 2012