Sparkling Raspberry Jello Jigglers
From EatingWell: September/October 2012
The sparkling white grape juice in this raspberry jello jigglers recipe gives these a fun, bubbly appearance. Fresh raspberries make it a healthy treat.
- 2 cups cran-raspberry or apple-raspberry juice
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold sparkling white grape or apple juice
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- Bring cran-raspberry (or apple-raspberry) juice to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Meanwhile, pour water into a large heatproof bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the water; let stand for 3 minutes. Add the juice and stir to completely dissolve the gelatin, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar and stir for 1 minute to dissolve. Whisk in sparkling white grape (or apple) juice.
- Refrigerate until the mixture is the consistency of thin pudding and is just starting to set around the edges, 1 to 1 3/4 hours. The time will vary depending on the size of your bowl and how cold your refrigerator is. After 1 hour, start checking every 5 to 10 minutes because it thickens quickly after that.
- Gently but thoroughly whisk the mixture until it’s uniform. Stir in raspberries. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap, without touching the jello.
- Refrigerate until very firm, about 3 hours. To test if it’s ready, touch it with your finger. If your finger does not stick, it’s done.
- Run a small, sharp knife around the edge of the pan. Cut into 16 squares then gently pry the squares out with a butter knife.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 3 days; unmold just before serving.
Per serving: 53 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 7 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 7 mg sodium; 24 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate (other), 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2012