Frozen Raspberry-Chocolate Terrine
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Fresh or frozen raspberries work equally well in this quick raspberry and chocolate terrine recipe made with low-fat frozen yogurt. Don’t worry about getting the layers perfectly even in this dessert terrine—the unevenness makes each slice look unique.
- 1 1/3 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed), plus more for garnish
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Mash raspberries in a medium bowl with a fork. Add 2 cups frozen yogurt and stir until combined. Combine the remaining 2 cups frozen yogurt and cocoa in another medium bowl. Spread about half the raspberry mixture into the prepared pan. Top with the chocolate mixture, then the rest of the raspberry. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
- To unmold, invert onto a serving plate and remove the plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces. Serve garnished with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 115 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 14 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 60 mg sodium; 248 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (16% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Ring in the new year with low-calorie recipes from our new issue...
Jump-start your morning with our healthy, low-calorie...
A perfectly ripe avocado is the perfect addition to salads,...
It’s time for the avocado to shake its bad rap: sinfully...
Celebrate the holiday season with low-calorie recipes from our...
Skip the super-greasy fried food and creamy dips and go for...
Make a healthy snack for kids with one of our easy snack...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Eating healthy snacks is a good way to stave off hunger pangs...
Spaghetti and Meatballs is a classic, comforting Italian...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Resolve to eat healthier? No matter how busy you are, get in...
Breakfast is the most important meal—giving you a much-needed...
People who are most successful at losing weight—and keeping...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- May/June 2013