Frozen Raspberry-Chocolate Terrine
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Fresh or frozen raspberries work equally well in this quick raspberry and chocolate terrine recipe made with low-fat frozen yogurt. Don’t worry about getting the layers perfectly even in this dessert terrine—the unevenness makes each slice look unique.
- 1 1/3 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed), plus more for garnish
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Mash raspberries in a medium bowl with a fork. Add 2 cups frozen yogurt and stir until combined. Combine the remaining 2 cups frozen yogurt and cocoa in another medium bowl. Spread about half the raspberry mixture into the prepared pan. Top with the chocolate mixture, then the rest of the raspberry. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
- To unmold, invert onto a serving plate and remove the plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces. Serve garnished with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- Storage smarts: For long-term freezer storage, wrap your food in a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of foil. The plastic will help prevent freezer burn while the foil will help keep off-odors from seeping into the food.
Per serving: 115 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 14 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 60 mg sodium; 248 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (16% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- May/June 2013