Frozen Raspberry-Chocolate Terrine
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Fresh or frozen raspberries work equally well in this quick raspberry and chocolate terrine recipe made with low-fat frozen yogurt. Don’t worry about getting the layers perfectly even in this dessert terrine—the unevenness makes each slice look unique.
- 1 1/3 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed), plus more for garnish
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Mash raspberries in a medium bowl with a fork. Add 2 cups frozen yogurt and stir until combined. Combine the remaining 2 cups frozen yogurt and cocoa in another medium bowl. Spread about half the raspberry mixture into the prepared pan. Top with the chocolate mixture, then the rest of the raspberry. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
- To unmold, invert onto a serving plate and remove the plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces. Serve garnished with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- Storage smarts: For long-term freezer storage, wrap your food in a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of foil. The plastic will help prevent freezer burn while the foil will help keep off-odors from seeping into the food.
Per serving: 115 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 14 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 60 mg sodium; 248 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (16% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- May/June 2013