Frozen Raspberry-Chocolate Terrine
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Fresh or frozen raspberries work equally well in this quick raspberry and chocolate terrine recipe made with low-fat frozen yogurt. Don’t worry about getting the layers perfectly even in this dessert terrine—the unevenness makes each slice look unique.
- 1 1/3 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed), plus more for garnish
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Mash raspberries in a medium bowl with a fork. Add 2 cups frozen yogurt and stir until combined. Combine the remaining 2 cups frozen yogurt and cocoa in another medium bowl. Spread about half the raspberry mixture into the prepared pan. Top with the chocolate mixture, then the rest of the raspberry. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
- To unmold, invert onto a serving plate and remove the plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces. Serve garnished with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 115 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 14 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 60 mg sodium; 248 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (16% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- May/June 2013