Raspberry-Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 2007
Jammy raspberries and rich chocolate combine for a delicious, tart frozen yogurt. It is quick and easy to prepare, but plan ahead if you're using fresh berries—they take a little longer to freeze. Mini chocolate chips give you the most chocolate in every bite, but any kind of chip will work—dark-chocolate lovers should try bittersweet chips.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, preferably mini
- Place raspberries, yogurt, sugar and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker (or see “No Ice Cream Maker?” below). Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, or until desired consistency. Add chocolate chips during the last 5 minutes of freezing. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve. No Ice Cream Maker? Pour the mixture into a 9-by-13-inch pan and place in the freezer. Stir every few hours, until the mixture is firm along the edges and semi-firm in the center, 2 to 6 hours (using frozen berries will shorten the freezing time). Transfer to a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container, stir in chocolate chips, cover and freeze until ready to serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 147 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 45 mg sodium; 253 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 reduced fat milk, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- July/August 2007