Raspberry-Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 2007
Jammy raspberries and rich chocolate combine for a delicious, tart frozen yogurt. It is quick and easy to prepare, but plan ahead if you're using fresh berries—they take a little longer to freeze. Mini chocolate chips give you the most chocolate in every bite, but any kind of chip will work—dark-chocolate lovers should try bittersweet chips.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, preferably mini
- Place raspberries, yogurt, sugar and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker (or see “No Ice Cream Maker?” below). Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, or until desired consistency. Add chocolate chips during the last 5 minutes of freezing. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve. No Ice Cream Maker? Pour the mixture into a 9-by-13-inch pan and place in the freezer. Stir every few hours, until the mixture is firm along the edges and semi-firm in the center, 2 to 6 hours (using frozen berries will shorten the freezing time). Transfer to a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container, stir in chocolate chips, cover and freeze until ready to serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 147 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 45 mg sodium; 253 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 reduced fat milk, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- July/August 2007