This healthful granola contains little oil or honey and has a lively orange-and-lemon flavor.
- 8 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated orange zest, (about 1 orange)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest, (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins or dates, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Combine oats, bran, almonds, cinnamon, cardamom and ginger in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat apple juice, orange juice, lemon juice, oil, honey and orange and lemon zests in a small saucepan over medium heat until warm. Stir in vanilla. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread mixture on two 11-by-16-inch baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Let cool and stir in raisins (or dates, if using).
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Per serving: 242 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 7 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 242 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Fiber (27% daily value), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique