Rainbow Chopped Salad
Double this fresh and colorful salad and top each portion with 3 ounces grilled chicken breast for a quick main dish salad.
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped, or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup radishes, diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup Orange-Oregano Dressing
- To prepare dressing: Place orange zest and juice, vinegar, oil, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper in a jar. Cover and shake to combine. (Makes about 1 cup.)
- To prepare salad: Combine bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, radishes and onion in a medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Refrigerate extra dressing for up to 1 week.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate dressing for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 52 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 111 mg sodium; 350 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (173% daily value), Vitamin A (143% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation