Radish, Watercress & Arugula Salad with Feta Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
Sweet, rich-flavored Marcona almonds and salty feta cheese balance the flavor of the peppery greens and radishes in this arugula salad recipe. Always skinned, most Marcona almonds have already been sautéed in oil and lightly salted when you get them. Look for them in specialty stores and online at tienda.com.
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 cups watercress, any tough stems removed
- 2 cups halved and sliced radishes (from 2 bunches)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds, preferably Marcona almonds
- Whisk feta, oil, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Add arugula, watercress, radishes and tarragon; toss to coat. Top with almonds just before serving.
Per serving: 191 calories; 17 g fat (3 g sat, 11 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g total sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 344 mg sodium; 372 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (37% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014