Radish, Watercress & Arugula Salad with Feta Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
Sweet, rich-flavored Marcona almonds and salty feta cheese balance the flavor of the peppery greens and radishes in this arugula salad recipe. Always skinned, most Marcona almonds have already been sautéed in oil and lightly salted when you get them. Look for them in specialty stores and online at tienda.com.
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 cups watercress, any tough stems removed
- 2 cups halved and sliced radishes (from 2 bunches)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds, preferably Marcona almonds
- Whisk feta, oil, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Add arugula, watercress, radishes and tarragon; toss to coat. Top with almonds just before serving.
Per serving: 191 calories; 17 g fat (3 g sat, 11 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g total sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 344 mg sodium; 372 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (37% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014