Radish, Watercress & Arugula Salad with Feta Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
Sweet, rich-flavored Marcona almonds and salty feta cheese balance the flavor of the peppery greens and radishes in this arugula salad recipe. Always skinned, most Marcona almonds have already been sautéed in oil and lightly salted when you get them. Look for them in specialty stores and online at tienda.com.
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 cups watercress, any tough stems removed
- 2 cups halved and sliced radishes (from 2 bunches)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds, preferably Marcona almonds
- Whisk feta, oil, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Add arugula, watercress, radishes and tarragon; toss to coat. Top with almonds just before serving.
Per serving: 191 calories; 17 g fat (3 g sat, 11 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g total sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 344 mg sodium; 372 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (37% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 2014