Radish, Watercress & Arugula Salad with Feta Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
Sweet, rich-flavored Marcona almonds and salty feta cheese balance the flavor of the peppery greens and radishes in this arugula salad recipe. Always skinned, most Marcona almonds have already been sautéed in oil and lightly salted when you get them. Look for them in specialty stores and online at tienda.com.
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 cups watercress, any tough stems removed
- 2 cups halved and sliced radishes (from 2 bunches)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds, preferably Marcona almonds
- Whisk feta, oil, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Add arugula, watercress, radishes and tarragon; toss to coat. Top with almonds just before serving.
Per serving: 191 calories; 17 g fat (3 g sat, 11 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g total sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 344 mg sodium; 372 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (37% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- March/April 2014