Radish, Watercress & Arugula Salad with Feta Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
Sweet, rich-flavored Marcona almonds and salty feta cheese balance the flavor of the peppery greens and radishes in this arugula salad recipe. Always skinned, most Marcona almonds have already been sautéed in oil and lightly salted when you get them. Look for them in specialty stores and online at tienda.com.
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 cups watercress, any tough stems removed
- 2 cups halved and sliced radishes (from 2 bunches)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds, preferably Marcona almonds
- Whisk feta, oil, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Add arugula, watercress, radishes and tarragon; toss to coat. Top with almonds just before serving.
Per serving: 191 calories; 17 g fat (3 g sat, 11 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g total sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 344 mg sodium; 372 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (37% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014