Radish, Celery & Snap Pea Salad
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
This stunning spring salad, full of peppery radishes, sliced celery, celery leaves and crunchy snap peas, is perfect for entertaining. If you grow your own celery, you’ll have plenty of leaves to work with. But we found that most store-bought celery yielded enough leaves for this recipe if you combine the dark outer leaves with the pale yellow inner leaves at the heart. If you can’t collect enough celery leaves, make up the difference with extra parsley. The results will still be delicious.
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup snap peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup celery leaves (from about 1 large bunch) (see Note)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
- 12 leaves Boston lettuce
- Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard and salt in a large bowl. Add radishes, snap peas, celery, celery leaves, parsley and cheese; toss to coat well.
- Divide lettuce leaves among 6 salad plates; top with the salad.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1 and hold for up to 4 hours.
- Note: If you have celery growing in your own garden, you can harvest leaves from the plants as they mature into stalks. Or, at the supermarket, look for celery heads with plenty of leaves still attached. One large bunch of celery will yield about 1 cup of leaves.
Per serving: 139 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 12 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 496 mg sodium; 288 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (43% dv), Calcium (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 medium fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2011