Radish, Celery & Snap Pea Salad
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
This stunning spring salad, full of peppery radishes, sliced celery, celery leaves and crunchy snap peas, is perfect for entertaining. If you grow your own celery, you’ll have plenty of leaves to work with. But we found that most store-bought celery yielded enough leaves for this recipe if you combine the dark outer leaves with the pale yellow inner leaves at the heart. If you can’t collect enough celery leaves, make up the difference with extra parsley. The results will still be delicious.
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup snap peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup celery leaves (from about 1 large bunch) (see Note)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
- 12 leaves Boston lettuce
- Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard and salt in a large bowl. Add radishes, snap peas, celery, celery leaves, parsley and cheese; toss to coat well.
- Divide lettuce leaves among 6 salad plates; top with the salad.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1 and hold for up to 4 hours.
- Note: If you have celery growing in your own garden, you can harvest leaves from the plants as they mature into stalks. Or, at the supermarket, look for celery heads with plenty of leaves still attached. One large bunch of celery will yield about 1 cup of leaves.
Per serving: 139 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 12 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 496 mg sodium; 288 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (43% dv), Calcium (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 medium fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2011