A simple vinaigrette of tea, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard is tasty paired with radicchio and pine nuts.
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed tea, such as Earl Grey or orange pekoe
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups (2 heads) washed, dried and torn radicchio
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pine nuts, or walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk together tea, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a salad bowl. Add radicchio and toss well. Sprinkle with pine nuts (or walnuts).
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped pine nuts or walnuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 66 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 103 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique