A simple vinaigrette of tea, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard is tasty paired with radicchio and pine nuts.
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed tea, such as Earl Grey or orange pekoe
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups (2 heads) washed, dried and torn radicchio
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pine nuts, or walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk together tea, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a salad bowl. Add radicchio and toss well. Sprinkle with pine nuts (or walnuts).
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped pine nuts or walnuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 66 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 103 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique